Saturday 7 February 2009

New country, new blog

As some of you may know, I write a blog about obscure news stories (mbezzle.blogspot.com), but I thought I'd pen another about my 5-6 months in Israel (commencing in three days)... 'owyousay' is a sensitive take on the Israeli accent. But before anyone calls in PC PC and the rest of his uniformed goons, I must explain that I am allowed to poke fun at Israelis because my dad is one and I am therefore half-Israeli (top half). Also, some of my best friends are black. I mean Israeli.

For the first month, I'll be living in Tel Aviv while I complete an intensive Hebrew course, go on trips with the other 80ish people on my internship programme and generally doss about in the manner of a student. Minus Countdown (it didn't quite reach the Med...). Yet another disappointment to befall the Vorderman.

Then after Tel Aviv, I'll be moving to Jerusalem where I start my journalism internship at the Jerusalem Post - a daily national newspaper (written in English). I'll also be doing some freelance commissions back in Blighty and working on my ever-so-slightly-deranged short stories.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment